Saturday, August 11, 2012

Limbo

The hotel that I am working at has changed ownership practically overnight. Basically the gist of the story is that the previous owners went into bankruptcy. The bank bought the hotel and hired Prism to run it, and Prism hired me. For the last four months Prism has been managing the hotel and trying to get it back up to par. But due to some legality thing that I in no way understand, the bank had to give the hotel back to the previous owners, aka NOT who I was hired by. In fact, most of the employees here were hired by Prism and only a handful had worked for the previous owners. To make a long confusing story short, my job may possibly be in jeopardy. Oh yeah, remember how we moved into our house last Saturday? It's just such a freaking fantastic time to be out of a job when there is a big fatty mortgage payment on the horizon. NOT! I guess the hardest part is that I feel like I am waiting in limbo- I have no idea what is going on. Do I have a job, do I not have a job? Practically everyone at the hotel is freaking out. Our maintenance guy just up and quit yesterday- our head housekeeper may be looking for a new job- and I am wondering if I should be doing the same thing. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so I am trying really hard to see a silver lining here, but basically I am just stressed out and trying my darndest to not have a panic attack. I'm at work right now- I clocked in with the previous owners- people I have never even met-and I just keep wondering what the next few days will bring and how they might affect our lives. I don't like this waiting game. I don't like it one little bit..... Pray for us. Please. 

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...