Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Birthday Weekend

For Justin's birthday he decided that he would like to go to a ten acre junkyard in Wendell, Idaho. So that's exactly what we did. Can you say best wife ever? hahaha just kidding. I had a lot of fun actually. On Friday we drove up to Jerome, Idaho and stayed in the Comfort Inn. It was such a freaking nice hotel! Our room was HUGE! I loved it. Saturday morning, after our continental breakfast, we drove up to Wendell to the junk yard. Justin was like a little kid in Disneyland for the first time. I really enjoyed watching him. There were old cars as far as the eye could see. They have one place that they call 'mustang mountain' which is basically a giant hill covered in old mustangs. It was pretty insane how many cars were there. They also had one fenced off area that was full of 'project cars', which means that the car is in pretty decent shape so they won't sell the car for parts, but you buy the entire car to fix it up. These cars were my favorites I think. I found an old chevy truck that I fell in love with. Unfortunately Justin didn't find too many parts for the '69 Nova he is rebuilding, but it was still a lot of fun to walk around and look at everything. After the junkyard we stopped at a family diner, and if you have ever done that than you know what an adventure that can be. On our drive home we stopped in Burley to visit the Gossners up there, it was pretty sweet. Their store is way bigger than Logan, which was kind of surprising.

On Sunday, which was his birthday, we invited our families over and had a BBQ. I gave him my present earlier that day, which was an outdoor grill. I think he liked it cause even though it was his birthday, he ended up doing all of the cooking. After stuffing ourselves full of hamburgers and hot dogs we opened presents and then had some cake and ice cream. I got a ton of pictures at the junkyard but I'm a little lacking on his actual birthday. (Bad wife!) But here are some pictures of Justin's 27'th birthday weekend (for more pictures see facebook). Happy Birthday Justin, I sure do love you lots!!















2 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

yay Idaho! and happy birthday to justin!

kenzis said...

Happy Birthday Justin!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...