Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Out of the Dust

'Out of the Dust', by Karen Hesse, is another one of my quarter finds at a garage sale. I read this book in one day, I loved it. It took me a minute to get used to the format that its written in, but once you've got that down you really start enjoying the story. It's about a girl who is born after the WWI. She lives on a farm in a time without rain. Hope is almost as scarce as food. After a tragic accident, she has to learn how to enjoy life again and learn to  love what's left. She has to discover hope for the future and find out what home means to her. It's a very well written book and definitely does not take long to read. 

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...