Friday, August 3, 2012

Let Me Just Jump In...

I have tried to stay quiet during this whole 'Chik Fil A fiasco', but I cannot stay silent any longer. Guys! This debate has NOTHING to do with gay rights!! Sorry, but it doesn't! This is completely dealing with the first amendment of the constitution, the freedom of speech. The president of that company has the right to say whatever he thinks, feels, and believes in without facing retribution. I've heard that some of the gay community has decided to boycott Chik Fil A and that honestly makes me so upset. No one should have the attitude of 'It's my way or the highway'. If the gay community wants everyone to respect their decisions and beliefs, than they should respect everyone  in turn. Tolerance goes both ways. Boycotting a business because you don't have the same beliefs? Sound familiar? Hitler would boycott Jewish shops for the same reason. The president of Chik Fil A could have announced that he is against any minority and the point would be the same- he has the right to say it. If you want to be in a country where everyone is forced to think the same way as everyone else, go find some country with a dictator cause you won't find that here!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Isn't this debate turning into such a joke??! I'm really getting tired of it. I try to keep my mouth shut about this stuff, but I could do a better job. I think I have a different religious stand point than you, and I am pro gay rights, but that being said I am also pro freedom of speech. And somehow we are all losing sight of that freedom in this whole mess. We're lucky we are all allowed to have our own beliefs, and voice those beliefs! I'm so over this chick fil a stuff, it's getting out of hand!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...