Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Guess it Could be Worse




Have you seen this episode of 'Friends'? Well let's just say that I can sympathize with Chandler today. An earlier quote from this episode:

Joey: Why’re you so tired?

Chandler: Couldn’t sleep last night you know, then I started worrying about this big divisional meeting that I have later today, the more I worried about it the more I couldn’t sleep.  Y’know? I was like, if I fall asleep now I’ll get six hours sleep, but if I fall asleep now I’ll get five hours sleep. Not matter what I did I couldn’t fall asleep.

Joey: You know what you should’ve done, you should have told yourself that little story.

That is seriously what I did all night: "If I fall asleep now, I'll get five hours of sleep". And so on and so on. When I hit two hours to go I moved to the couch to see if that would help. Yeah no. It didn't. End of the story: I didn't even get ten measly minutes of sleep last night. I am so freaking tired right now. I really wish I was not at work but in my bed. But hey it could be worse right? At least I didn't tell my boss that I would move to Tulsa! haha That was a really boring post. I guess I should have followed Joey's advice last night and told myself that story- maybe that would have helped me sleep. It was pretty much the only thing that I DIDN'T try.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...