Monday, July 30, 2012

Lakes, Sales, and Farewells

It was a great weekend for Justin and I. Friday morning we met my family (Mom, Dad, Cassie, and Zach) at North Beach in Bear Lake and spent a wonderful day at the beach. Later that night we went to my cousin's cabin and had dinner with a whole bunch of cousins. It was a lot of fun! I just love love love Bear Lake. Bet you didn't know that about me huh? hahaha. We drove home that night and in the morning we (of course) hit the garage sales. In case you didn't know, Justin and I LOVE going to garage sales every Saturday morning. In fact, its kind of become my favorite part of the week. This weeks greatest finds include an almost NEW vacuum for FIVE DOLLARS and a bowling ball with bag for twenty. And of course it included the usual haul of books and movies for me.


On Sunday morning, when Justin got off of work, we drove down to Kaysville for my cousin Kade's mission farewell. He leaves for the MTC this Wednesday and was called to the Boston, Massachusetts mission. Kade's talk in church was amazing! I saw a side of him that I had never seen before and I just know with my whole heart that Kade is going to make a fantastic missionary. And yes, he had all of the girls crying. I sure am going to miss Kader Bear! He is such a beacon of light in our family. He has the most tender heart and is always so sweet. Boston is sure lucky to have him! But ugh, it was hard saying goodbye to him. Two years is such a long time. I am seriously so proud of him though! He is the fist one on that side of the family to serve a mission and I am so thankful for what an amazing example he is to all of us. Good luck Kade! We love you!!


 The First Views Of Bear Lake

The lake was SOOO pretty that day!

Dinner at the Cabin with the Fam

We went to get ice cream at Merlins and looky what we saw on the wall! It's BROTHER!!

Elder Butt

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...