Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Hero

The tragedy in Colorado has left us all a little worried about humanity I think. It was so pointless and such a waste of life. Even though we didn't know the victims personally, it seems like the whole country is mourning their deaths. However, when tragedies like this do occur, something good usually arises from it. For example, it's brought Justin and I closer together. Whenever we see it on the news Justin almost always grabs my hand or whispers that he loves me. As terrible as this was, it's a good reminder to us all how precious life is and that we shouldn't take one single day for granted.

Shortly after this hit the news a petition started circling Facebook asking for Christian Bale to visit the victims in Colorado. And guess what guys? He answered our call and went to Colorado. I am so impressed with this guy. I know he plays a hero on the screens, but what he did for those people was a pretty heroic act if I do say so myself. And it's not like he did anything outrageous and showy- he just went to 'mourn with those that mourn'. Sound familiar? It's just proof that the small and simple acts of kindness are the ones that mean the most. It was a good reminder for me. I need to put a little more service in my life. I am so blessed! It's time for me to bless the lives of those around me. Anyway, that's what I have learned from this tragedy and just wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...