Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day Fifteen

Nicknames. And why you have them.

Wee: This is what my family calls me. I guess it has something to do with the fact that it rhymes with my middle name. Sometimes they call me Kristi Wee. This was also my mom's nickname when she was younger.

Roxy: My sixth grade nickname that my friends gave me. I believe this was given to me because my favorite shirt was Roxy, I used to wear it all the time.

Cheese: This nickname started in seventh grade and lasted all through high school. A girl named Jessica Hill gave it to me one day in art class. We were doing a project with our names, and had to write the definition of our names down. I said that my name probably meant something stupid like cheese or something, and somehow it stuck.

Skids: This nickname was the nickname I received in my sophomore carpool. We all had nicknames that started with the letter S.

Kris: Some of my friends called me this for short. I am not sure when it started, or who started it. My friend Kristin King was the one that called me that the most though.

Kristi Lou: My friend and old roommate Lorissa calls me this.

I think thats all of them. Nicknames are so funny and so random sometimes. And it's always really fun to see the ones that stick.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...