Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tarzan


My mom decided to plan her own birthday this year and she definitely did an excellent job. This last weekend my family was able to drive down to St. George and see 'Tarzan' at the Tuacahn theater. For those of you who have never been to the Tuacahn, put it on your bucket list! This is an outdoor amphitheater and the backdrop is the breathtaking red rock mountains. I LOVE this theater with all of my heart! This is my second time going, two years ago my mom and I went to Les Miserables, and it definitely will not be my last! (Especially because next year they are doing..... THE LITTLE MERMAID! Sign me UP!)

Tarzan was amazing!!! All of the apes were acrobats and professional dancers and I still do not understand how they were so good at not only walking, but dancing as well, like apes for the entire show. They obviously have core muscles that I can't even begin to fathom! The new songs were awesome, and the actors did a wonderful job as well. I was stunned by the talent coming out of the young tarzan. He was such a cute kid! The special effects were unbelievable, but I can't even begin to describe it so you'll just have to use your imagination. Anyway, seeing as I just wrote my own critics review -- "Kristi gives it two thumbs up!" :)

While we were in St. George we also did a little shopping, went to see 'Despicable Me' (Funniest movie of all time. I nearly died from laughing), went out to eat, and got some serious sun while chillaxin' by the pool. I don't know how St. Georgians handle that kind of heat, but whew! I thought I was going to melt!

One of the funniest parts of the weekend (I thought anyway) was when we were stuck in traffic coming out of the theater and we decided to play the game, "If we were in Tarzan, what characters would we be?" So here is what we came up with:

Dad: Kerchak- because he is big, strong, the leader, sometimes scary, sometimes angry, and sometimes has quite the temper. But can also be a big marshallow on the inside, especially when it comes to playing with the little kids.

Mom: Kala- because she is motherly, will do anything for her kids, and lies to her husband to cover for the kids when they misbehave. And yet, she is the strong, supportive wife who loves her husband despite his flaws.

Cassie: Terk- Because she likes to be the center of attention. She makes people laugh and is always a hoot to be around. And she's the kind of person thats got your back.

Me: We didn't discuss me too much. I think we decided I was Tantor the elephant even though he wasn't in the play. I don't know why we decided this. haha

Jessica: The Jaguar- because she is more than a little bit scary. She has spots (had to be there moment). She steals babies. And she has the Jaguar's roar down to a tee!

Zach: Tarzan- because he is a total ladies man. Not to mention sometimes he acts like he was raised by wild animals. And sometimes his hygeine is something less than to be desired. But he is also really funny and dang that boy is a hottie! haha



2 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Kristi, i definitely think you make a good Tantor because of the scene in the movie when he's afraid to stick his toe in the water. This sounds like a ton of fun! I'm jealous!

love birds and a few chicklets said...

I am completely envious that you were able to go see Tarzan! I have been wanting to go for months!
You guys are so cute! Love you all!!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...