Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Fwends

One of the hardest parts about going to the gym for me is dropping my little monkey off in the daycare. We usually leave him crying and reaching for us and I walk down the hall feeling the worst mother ever. And then we go and pick him and he is all smiles and giggles and I think, Okay. This is good for him. And then we leave him again and its hard again and around and around in circles we go.

Well......

Last Friday we had a break-through. I was getting Leland dressed and he asked where we were going (because seriously, that is the only time we get dressed is if we are going somewhere). And I told him that we were going to the gym. And this was his response, "Oh to see my fwends? And I be brave and not cry and mommy will come back." haha oh, melt my heart. So true to his words, he walked in their like a champ that day with his head held high. As he walked away, he turned around, waved, and said, "Bye Mommy! See you later!" Phew. It was much easier leaving him that day.

When I went to pick him up I stood in the back and watched him play dinosaurs with a little girl. The dinosaurs were climbing mountains (the walls) chasing each other around the room, and roaring at each other. My mommy heart was a puddle that day. I have always worried that Leland doesn't get enough socialization in his life- so I really, really think this is a good thing for him too. Watching him laugh out loud and run around with other kids is exactly what this kiddo needs. He has a lot of anxiety sometimes and so it makes me proud to see him conquering some of his fears. Good job Buddy. Mommy is so proud of you!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...