Saturday, September 7, 2013

Birthday Celebrations

Another birthday has come and gone, and it really was such a good birthday. I guess I started the celebrations on the Wednesday before my birthday when Justin and I drove to Preston to have dinner with my grandparents. They are pretty much the sweetest and surprised me with a cake. They even had candles and sang happy birthday to me. It was so nice of them. The celebrations continued on Saturday when we drove to Bear Lake and met my mom there. She took Leland from us and we went to Pickleville Playhouse to see 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers', which is one of my all time favorite movies but I have never seen it performed live. It was amazing! I loved it! After the play we found a new restaurant called Coopers. It was so yummy and very well priced- we will definitely be adding it to our favorite restaurants in Bear Lake! The next day Justin and I decided to let my mom sleep in since she had insisted on waking up with Leland all night, so we packed him up, grabbed some breakfast, and took a beautiful drive up Charles Canyon. After our drive we went to lunch with my mom and then Justin drove home because he had to work that night and me and my mom took Leland to the beach. On Monday morning, which was actually my birthday, we slept in, packed up, and drove to Fruit Heights where Justin was already there and waiting for us. I was then able to go get a pedicure with my little sister which was a lot of fun and felt amazing. I really enjoyed that because I don't seem to get a lot of one on one time with my little sister. But anyway, after our pedicures we went to Olive Garden with my family, and then it was back to my parents house for dessert and presents. My awesome parents got me an ipad so I have now joined the Apple world. I got some other really good gifts but Justin gave me the most thoughtful gift of all which requires a little background story. So I have a father who is kind of the anti-hoarder in that he throws away everything! He probably de-junks our house a couple of times a year. Our family could probably open up their own D.I. with as much stuff as he has taken there. Which means that I do not have one single toy from my childhood. I have told Justin how much I would love to have just one barbie or just one of my dolls. Well, for my birthday, Justin found me my favorite barbies from my childhood from 1992, still in the box, mint condition. They are Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie from the Disney movie Aladdin. I couldn't believe it! Don't I have the best husband ever?! I seriously LOVED my Aladdin barbies- they were by far my favorite barbies from my childhood. I can't believe he found them, and still in the box too! I was so touched that he would do that for me. He told me that it took him over a year to find them- wow- now that's dedication! He is awesome and I am lucky and that's enough of that.

So thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special. 26 sounds really old to me, I'm practically kicking 30 in the butt, but I feel really blessed to have the family and the friends that I do. You guys are awesome!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...