Thursday, July 4, 2013

American Day

Happy Independence Day everyone! I hope you are all having a fun and safe holiday. Our holiday was a lot of fun this year filled to the brim with family. Logan has their fireworks on July 3 so that night we went to our usual spot and had dinner with the gang. We sit around and chat for a few hours before the fireworks and then the big show starts. It was a good time.

On July 4 the Palmers (my in-laws) invite every single family member they know over for a great big omelet breakfast. It seems like everyone looks forward to this annual event and it is always a great turnout. My father in law is probably the best omelet maker ever and he cooks them in his driveway on the grill. The front yard fills with people, most of them I only see once a year at this breakfast so it's always pretty fun. After breakfast we pack up the car with chairs and drinks and head to the parade in Hyrum. Usually it is very very hot but this year we were lucky enough to find me a little patch of shade to sit in and I was feeling pretty good about life until the last twenty minutes or so when my shade disappeared. Then it got hot. But fortunately for everyone there was a slight breeze today- pretty sure it was sent from heaven- just saying. Anyway, after the paraded we headed over to walk around all of the booths. I didn't buy anything but I did get a piece of pizza and breadsticks that were divine. Then it was home for a nap and a cool down in my nice air conditioned home. It was a great fourth and we definitely had a lot of fun with the Palmer clan. Here are some pictures. (My niece kind of stole the attention of my camera cause she was so stinkin' cute!)









No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...