Monday, September 24, 2012

Jeeping

On Saturday we had a ward activity where the bishop took us on a jeep ride through parts of Logan Canyon. It was so beautiful! The fall colors are popping out everywhere. We went off-roading to Ephraim's grave (Ephraim is a large grizzly bear that was more than nine feet tall) and drove on some pretty rough roads that had amazing views. We ended up at Hardware Ranch where we ate lunch. It was kind of funny because Justin and I were the youngest couple there and the majority of the group were older than fifty. We had a lot of fun though. There is one lady in particular, her name is May and I bet she is at least in her seventies, if not eighties, who was such a spitfire. I just love her. We were waiting in line for the bathroom and she comes out of the outhouse and heaves a great big sigh. I asked her if she sighed because it stunk in there so bad and she was taking a deep breath of fresh air. She replied with, "Oh it stunk in there pretty bad but I was sighing because my bladder just said- 'Thank the Lord!'- I had to pee so bad!" hahaha I was dying! She is such a hoot! I hope we become best friends!

Anyway, Justin and I had so much fun and the views were so beautiful that we are thinking of making that trip an annual thing. It honestly felt like we were out in the middle of nowhere. There is so much peace found in nature like that, especially up in the mountains during autumn. Here are some of the pictures that I took.









 The stone is how tall Ephraim was. Compared to us he was HUGE! I would have peed my pants if I had seen a bear that large!



 This is a Beaver's Dam



1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a fun ward activity! Beautiful fall colors.

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...