Monday, September 24, 2012

Showerless Home Adventures

Thursday night I took a shower, and went to the downstairs bathroom to blow dry my hair, only to find a big fatty flood. The entire bathroom had two inches of water covering the floor. I threw down some towels, soaked them all, and then threw down some more, and hurried to tell husband. Well, five days, no water in the house, and a plumber later we have come to the conclusion that we will have to dig up our front yard and replace all of the pipes. The tree in the front yard, the one I love so much, is getting into our pipes and blocking the drains with its roots. We can flush the toilets and wash our hands but we have had to go to my in-laws to shower and we can't wash our dishes- in the dishwasher or the sink- because it requires too much water at one time. We have been calling all over to get some estimated prices and we figured out that  we are going to save virtually thousands of dollars if we do it ourselves.

Sooo.... we are going to pretend like we are Stanley Yelnats and start digging some holes on Saturday. If anyone would like to help us we would greatly greatly appreciate it! We are hoping to get enough help that the job will go fairly quickly. The more manpower that we have the better! And of course, lunch will be on us! Let me know if you would be willing to help, we would love you forever!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...