Monday, July 2, 2012

Excitement! Excitement! Excitement!

Do you remember how a few weeks ago I wrote a blog all about this new house that we thought we were getting? And then it fell through and I felt really dumb about posting it all over my blog and Facebook? Well, I  can now tell you with confidence that Justin and I have finally found a home! And we are beyond ecstatic about it! You see, the same day this home went on the market our awesome realtor called us up and said that we HAD to see it! So we set up an appointment with her later that same day to do a viewing. I must admit that falling in love with this house was not a 'love at first sight' ordeal. It was nothing special on the outside, and walking through it for the first time it just felt cold and uninviting. But it did have some really great things about it. While we were viewing it another realtor showed up to show the home to his clients, and that's when we knew that this home was going to go fast. It was too much home for too little a price not to. So Justin and I went home that day with a LOT to think about. And the more we thought, the more we started to fall in love with this home's potential.  And when I say potential, I am not talking about all the repairs and things that needed to be done to it, because virtually nothing needs to be fixed. I am merely speaking of the potential that if offered me and Justin, and our future family. I realized that the reason it was cold and uninviting is because the single woman that lives there has almost nothing on the walls, is pretty much a clean freak, and it just doesn't have that 'homey' feel to it. Which of course is easily remedied with some goofy family pictures on the wall, a little splash of color, and our own unique touches that we can bring to it. The next morning while I was at work Justin put an offer on the house... and it was accepted! The house was not even on the market for a full 24 hours! In fact, they whisked that puppy off the internet so fast that the link that I sent to a few family members and close friends that same night wouldn't even work. I believe that our two week window to back out is coming to a close, but we are definitely not backing out of this one. We got it inspected and everything looked great, just some minor cosmetic things that he suggested. Our insurance agent approved of it as well so things are definitely looking up! This process was so much smoother and far less stressful than that last house we put an offer on. I keep waiting for some doubt to trickle in, but so far I just feel really good about this decision. And from the piles of boxes that we now have stacked to the ceiling in our tiny apartment I can tell you that it's pretty much official: we close on July 31, and can move in Aug. 1. LESS THAN ONE MONTH! Boo-frickin-yeah- baby!!!

Some Facts:
4 bedrooms (technically only three because one doesn't have a closet)
2 bathrooms
2 living rooms
Huge laundry room
2 Car Carport (Justin may need to turn it into a garage in the future)\
A shed that is painted like a barn that I absolutely LOVE
0.15 acres, doesn't sound like much but our backyard is actually pretty decent size!
Garden
Steal roof
New paint!
DISHWASHER! YESSSSSS
A cute deck with a dog kennel built underneath
1 fabulously large tree in the front yard
CENTRAL AIR!
And all of this adds up to two very happy people!

Due to it being taken offline so quickly I wasn't able to nab any pictures, but I promise that as soon as we get moved in, pictures are coming!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...