Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Red White and Blue

Happy Independence day everyone! I certainly hope that you are all having a safe and happy (and fire-less) fourth of July! I ended up having to work today, but fortunately I made it to everything that I wanted to. Yesterday I was supposed to work the night shift but my co-worker realized that he had classes in the morning so he needed to switch me. This worked towards my benefit because I was able to go to the Logan City fireworks that night (Logan is weird and does their fireworks on the 3rd instead of the 4th). All of the Palmer's (my extended in-law family) gather together in a grassy area where we chat, play games, eat dinner and yummy snacks, and watch the fireworks together. I love the Palmers. I have definitely gained some really amazing aunts, uncles, and cousins. They are some of the kindest and most welcoming people you will ever meet, and I always have a lot of fun with them!

For all of you who live in Cache Valley I certainly hope that you caught the show this year cause it was AMMMMAZZZZING! Like seriously, one of their best yet (in my opinion anyway). There were some new fireworks that I had never seen before and their grand finale was superb. I just love fireworks.

Every year my in-laws host a big Fourth of July omelet breakfast where my father-in-law whips out some of the best omelets you have ever tasted. Seriously. I don't even like eggs that much but I ended up eating two! I don't know if it's the fresh ingredients, the outdoor skillet, or his chef like abilities, but for some reason this breakfast is probably the best breakfast of the year for Justin and I.  And of course they invite pretty much every family member in the universe, so its also a lot of fun! This year I was able to sneak off with my niece where I got to be alone with her for more than a half hour. This was pretty rare because usually everyone is playing 'pass the baby' with her. Have I mentioned that I love her? Because I really do. Guys, she is so cute. I can't get enough of her. She is starting to smile and make funny faces and she just cracks me up. I had to give her up today because she had an explosion in her diaper and boy did I feel it! hahaha baby farts are super funny, but the noises and faces she makes while she is farting and pooping are pretty much priceless. I was quite enjoying my time with that little stinker!

After breakfast we all headed to Hyrum for the huge parade that they have. My favorite float was from Twizzleberry. Some of the workers walking around had a sign on their shirt that said 'free hugs' and they were walking down the street hugging everyone. They were also passing out coupons though and I got 20% off my next frozen yogurt. SCORE! I also got some candy, a water bottle, two otter pops, and a carpet cleaning coupon.

After the parade we walked around the booths that they had but they didn't have much and by that time we were all suffering from heat stroke so we didn't stay very long. On the way home Justin and I went to lunch at The Pizza Place with his parents and mmmm it was yummy. We then drove back to their house where I jumped in the car and headed for work. Kind of a bummer that I work tonight, but it's alright because I got to do a lot of fun fourth of July things and I sure do love that holiday pay!

Since Leslie (my sis in law) was taking pictures with her camera I only ended up with three and they all have Tenley in them haha. (I told you I loved her). But here are the ones that I got...




No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...