Monday, June 4, 2012

Small and Simple

I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and just feeling like crap. I had gotten less than four hours of sleep and had to be to work at 7- so I was butt tired. I did NOT want to get out of bed today, and I definitely did not want to come to work. Basically I felt like poo. It was one of those times where your morning just starts off so crappy that a crappy day is to be expected ya know? Well, my expectations were wrong. Something small and quite simple turned my day around. Now it may not sound like that big of a deal to you, but for me it kind of was. Today at work I had a guest ask me what my name was after she checked out. I had a 'oh no she wants to know my name so she can complain about me to my manager' sort of panic attack, but I told it to her anyway. What she said next was pretty surprising to me. She said that she was going to go home, get online, and fill out the survey that they have about our hotel and recommend me. Wow. That really just turned my day around. Me? Kristi? Good at my job? Whaaaaaaat? Not gonna lie, it was pretty flattering. Funny how something so small can make such a big difference and completely turn my day around. Bless her little heart! ;)

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...