Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Touching Spirit Bear

I found this book at a garage sale and when I started it I seriously HATED the main character. His actions made me want to throw him off a cliff. Which is unusual because usually the author wants you to sympathize with the main character. I honestly didn't like this book for the first few chapters. It was good writing, I just hated the characters. But I kept reading and I am glad I did. By the end of the book I am happy to say that I changed my mind about Cole. This book is about the healing process of bullying and a lesson on how dangerous bullying, and the bullying cycle, can actually be. There are some great lessons found in this book. I hope this never happens, but if in the future I find out that one of my kids is being a bully I am for sure making them read this book! I really loved this book and the life lessons that you can find within it.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...