Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Home Sweet Home

So if you have read my blog post from Sunday you know that Justin and I put an offer on a house. Well, we found out yesterday that our offer was rejected, but they offered a counter offer, which we then accepted. So basically...WE ARE UNDER CONTRACT!! Which MEANS that if everything looks good after the inspection, we will be HOMEOWNERS! Justin and I are beyond thrilled! We never felt 'just right' about throwing our money away to rent. Now we can put our money into something that we actually OWN and has VALUE! I feel so blessed right now. This would have never been possible without my income. It feels good to be needed. Not that Justin didn't need me before, but it is just a good feeling to contribute ya know? The picture is actually our home-- cute right? It's pretty teeny tiny, just two bedrooms, but it has a good sized living room and the yard is HUGE! Like HUGE HUGE! Which is exactly what we wanted. We always said that we wanted a tiny house with a ginormous yard and basically that's just what we got. The great thing about the yard though is that it would be super easy to put an addition on the house when needed in the future. I doubt that will come before the garage though. My man needs a place to build his Nova haha. But NOTHING comes before my PUPPY! Boo-Frickin-Yeah Baby!! Future puppy owner right here haha. So anyway, it's actually in Justin's parents ward, which how awesome is that for our kids?! If everything goes smoothly we will be moving in the end of June, at which time there will be a rockin' BBQ to celebrate our new home and EVERYONE is invited because EVERYONE can fit in our HUGE YARD! Excited? Just a little. ;)

3 comments:

Shilah said...

I love it! I'm just like you I want a small house and a huge backyard :)I want a massive beautiful garden on risen planter boxes and I will tile the space in between and around them so that my garden can be wheelchair accessible. Oh but wait! That is my dream... I L. O. V. E. your house :) I'm sure you will build many many happy memories there.

Ali and Brig said...

It is SO cute! You are going to have so much fun turning it into your home! So happy for you!

Rachel said...

It is so cute! Congratulations.

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...