Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One Year

So this blog post is a little late due to all the house excitement, but I still wanted to write it for my own journaling purposes. On May 6 was Justin and I's anniversary of our first date. It's crazy to think that we have only known each other for a year. It seems like it was another lifetime ago when we had our first awkward date, you know, as all first dates are. I went back and reread my journal entries about our first six dates and decided to post them for your pleasure. I am so cheesy! haha. We honestly moved so fast those first few dates. Funny how it really was love at first sight...almost. After the first week I KNEW that this was the man that I was going to marry. So here is the beginning, where it all started.....



Our First Date:
Justin and I had our first date on May 6, 2011. I was then living in the Highlander apartments in Logan, but was moving in with my parents the following day to save and prepare for a mission. Being the gentleman that he is, Justin picked me up at my apartment. He came on his motorcycle and I was both apprehensive and excited to ride on a motorcycle for the first time. My apprehension quickly disappeared however as the wind blew through my hair, the sun shone on my face, and I had a cute boy in front of me to hold on to. 
For our first date Justin took me bowling at Logan Lanes. I was somewhat nervous about this activity as well because I knew he was really good and I was somewhat dismal. It was funny because I told him this and he just laughed and told me to just have fun. I was shocked when I bowled one of the best games of my life! My first game I got a 142 and the second game I got a 121. I always wondered if Justin thought I was trying to be modest telling him I sucked at bowling, but I honestly kicked trash that night and have no idea how! I was just as stunned as he was!
After we went bowling Justin took me to dinner at the Bluebird where I tried ironpot for the very first time. It was delicious and lots of fun. When we were finished with dinner we went back to Justin’s house to watch a movie. He thought everyone would be gone, but surprise! We walked in to a full house. That night I met Justin’s parents, his little sister Leslie, and Leslie’s boyfriend. We talked for a minute and then watched Rush Hour 2. I loved Justin’s parents from the very first time I met them. They are so welcoming and kind and I felt right at home with them. 
After the movie we sat on his couch and talked for a bit and then he drove me home. He hugged me goodbye, but it was a “let’s have a conversation while we hug” kind of hug which was just fine by me. 
That night Justin text me after our date and informed me that he really wanted to kiss me. I was delighted and knew that this was different from anything I had ever experienced. 


Date Number Two:
On Tuesday, May 10, I had to go to a doctor’s appointment in Logan and asked Justin if he would like to see me afterwards. He agreed very quickly. When I was done at the doctors I drove to Justin’s house and we then went to dinner at Callaway’s in Smithfield. It was some of the best pasta I have ever had! YUM! When we were done with dinner we went back to Justin’s house and watched Back to the Future, which is his favorite movie. We then went to Charlie’s and got some ice cream, which was also delicious of course. When we were done with ice cream neither of us could decide what to do next so we parked his truck in his driveway and talked for forty-five minutes before he had to go to work. It was another night with no kiss, but a great hug. 


Third Date:
Our third date was May 11. I was still in Logan (I had crashed at my cousin Kylie’s apartment). I had plans that night to go to dinner with my friend Amanda and cousin Kylie so I said I would see Justin after that. However, Amanda, being the persistent girl that she is, talked me into inviting Justin to go get ice cream with us so that she could meet him. So, after dinner it was off to pick Justin up and go to Capser’s for some ice cream. Justin was really quiet when he met my friends, but I guess he made a good impression because Amanda says she really liked him and Kylie gave him the “cousin stamp of approval”. When we were done with the ice cream I dropped Amanda and Kylie off and Justin and I headed to the golf course to go on the scenic walk through the trees and next to the river. While we were walking we had a really good conversation but I was frustrated that he wasn’t holding my hand haha. We ended up talking about kissing and I told him that I didn’t want my first kiss to be in a car or inside. After our walk we went back to his house and sat in the car talking for the next hour and a half before he had to get ready for work. He finally held my hand while we were talking! Yay! And again, no kiss, wonderful hug. And this night was the first night that it was getting extremely hard to say goodbye to him. 


Fourth Date:
Our fourth date was May 12, which is my little sister Jessica’s birthday. I was leaving Logan that day so I met Justin in the morning. We rode his motorcycle that day because of the fantastic weather. We went to an auto store where Justin helped me pick out some bling to go in Jessie’s new car. After the birthday shopping was complete we went and got take out subs at Logan’s heroes. We drove to Willow Park and had a picnic in the park. When we were finished eating we walked around the zoo, talking and enjoying one another’s company. After the park I knew it was about time for me to leave and spend some time with my sister. This was the hardest goodbye yet. I had no idea when I would be able to see him again and it was killing both of us. Somehow however, I managed to hug him goodbye, get in my car, and drive home (texting him the entire way of course). 


Fifth Date:
That Saturday, May 14, Justin decided that he would come down to Fruit Heights to meet my parents seeing as I had already met his. He showed up around four in the afternoon. My dad and brother weren’t there but he did meet my mom and Jessica. Luckily for me it went smoothly and was not embarrassing at all. I then took him on a driving tour of my hometown. Afterwards we went to Cherry Hill for a fun round of miniature golf, which we both basically sucked at hardcore! We then drove to Barnes Park where we cuddled on a bench and talked some more. When both of our butts were sore and our tummies rumbling we went to dinner at Red Robin. After dinner it was back to my house to play some P.I.G. on our basketball court. He completely schooled me of course. We then watched two movies, Tarzan and Remember the Titans. We were enjoying cuddling each other a little too much so decided to watch some TV after that. It was then time to take Chaz on a walk, which we did while holding hands the entire way. After the walk Justin suggested that we go star gazing on my trampoline. There weren’t many stars out but lucky for me it was freezing and we cuddled while sharing a blanket. We talked for a long time and when it got quiet, we both looked at each other, and he kissed me. It was the perfect first kiss underneath the stars, cuddling in the cold. After the first kiss we continued to talk and kiss and rub each other’s backs until we just couldn’t stand the cold any longer. By that time it was getting pretty late so I walked him to his truck, which we stood outside of and talked and hugged and kissed some more. This was another very difficult goodbye. Justin left around 3:30 that morning.


Sixth Date:
Justin and I had our sixth date on May 16. This time we decided to meet in Brigham City because it was half an hour drive for both of us. We drove around Brigham City for a while, went bowling, ate dinner at Wingers, drove around some more, and then went to a car dealership to look at trucks. We got to test drive one of the freaking sweetest trucks I have ever been in. It had so many sweet gadgets! The funniest thing that happened was Justin was telling the car salesman that he needed a truck that he could fit more people in. The car dealer then asked if we were expecting. Haha Justin got his uncomfortable smile on and just shook his head no. I went around the back to pretend to be looking at the cab while I laughed. So after that little adventure we ended up parking in a parking lot where we did what we always do. Cuddle. Talk. Laugh. Hold Hands. Kiss. Hug. You get the drift. I knew by then that I was falling for this man hard and I was falling for him fast! I couldn’t believe how hard it was for both of us to say goodbye that night. It took us more than forty-five minutes. I know Justin must have been speeding like a demon in Sardine Canyon to make it to work in time. I just can’t seem to get enough of him. I want to be with every moment of every day. Saying goodbye sucks! Especially because I don’t ever know when I will be able to see him again!

1 comment:

Shilah said...

This really made me smile! I was really getting frustrated with Justin though, I was like what the heck when is he going to kiss her?!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...