Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pride and Prejudice


Pride and Prejudice. One of my favorite reads of all time. Jane Austen is a genius, really. Her ability to write about serious social travesties in a light humored way is unmatched. Her writing is so witty. I have read some of her other novels, but this one is by far my favorite. The characters and their relationships with one another are just so funny to me. Poor Mrs. Bennett with all of those girls to marry off! Poor Mr. Bennett for having to deal with the whims of his wife. And as for Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy? Well its funny how love can so easily be mistaken for hatred. I have many, many favorite books, but I am pretty sure this one would have to make my top five.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...