Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Host

For this book you need to put whatever reservations you have of Stephanie Meyer aside. I just finished it last night for ,I don't know, the fourth time maybe? When I read it I have a really hard time believing that the same author as Twilight wrote it. Not only are there no grammatical errors in this book, there is also a plot. Gasp. I know right? Who would have thought Stephanie Meyer would be able to actually write something decent?! However, I must warn you that the first few chapters you may think to yourself, "What in the sam pete am I reading?!!". So my advice is to just give it to the fourth, maybe fifth chapter (they are short chapters) until you really get into the story. It will all make sense I promise. And this book is sci-fi, so if that's not your cup of tea you may not like it. But it does have some action, adventure, and even a little romance in the mix. It questions humanity and how there are polar opposites on the Earth. How can someone like Hitler and Mother Theresa live on the same planet? What is good and what is evil? Why is motherhood one of the strongest bonds found in the universe? Basically it questions all of humanity but in an intriguing story line. It's definitely one of the books that when I start reading I have a hard time putting it down. And good news! Next year this awesome book is being turned into a movie! Yay! I just hope that the movie version of this Meyer film is a whole heck of a lot better than the last Twilight failures. Hopefully they will get people who can actually act, or at least have more than one facial expression....
Ha see what I mean? Don't you sometimes wish that she would close her mouth? Anyway, the movie trailers aren't that great yet, but here is the one they have made. Check it out. The Host Official Trailer

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...