Friday, April 6, 2012

Back on the Soap Box Again...



There is something that has always slightly bothered me but I find it irritating me more and more these days. I blame the gym. I think that's where my irritation began to grow. The irritation that I am referring to is modesty. Something I will never understand is why girls are such scanks at the gym. Another thing I will never understand is why girls are such skanks at the beach/pool. I guess in all honesty, not all the girls bug me. I think it's the 'Sunday Mormon' syndrome. In case you don't know what 'Sunday Mormon' is, it's when people are good little Mormons on Sunday and then do whatever the heck they want the other days of the week, not caring what commandments they are breaking, or who they are hurting in the process. I think some girls modesty can kind of be related to 'Sunday Mormons'. They are modest all of the time. Oh wait. Unless you put some water or a treadmill next to them and then it becomes sluttyville, USA. I had a relative/friend (won't say which so no one can figure out who), who served an LDS mission and after a week of being home was back in a bikini. Um. What?? How on Earth do you go from missionary dress to bikini? It's the same thing with other girls who have gone through the temple. Why do they not have the same standards 24/7? I have heard so many excuses: "It's hard to work out in modest clothes." "I can't find any cute tankinis or one peices." My response- BULL! I may not be the world's best exerciser, but basketball shorts and a t-shirt work just fine. REALLY! And in case you haven't been on pinterest lately, modest swimsuits are coming back and are ADORABLE!! I'll let you in on my little secret and share with you my favorite place to get swimsuits: Hapari Swimwear.

Your excuse is invalid.

Now I really am not talking about ALL the girls in the world. I know many girls who just do not have the same standards of modesty, and will probably never go through the temple. I am not talking about those girls. I am strictly speaking of the girls who have gone through the temple, know what is appropriate and what is not, and still lower their standards because... well quite frankly, because they just plain want to. Come on guys. Really?! Once you go through the temple you are an example to the world. Plain and simple. HAVE HIGHER STANDARDS!!

The end. (Dismounting the soap box)

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I agree. I used to go to this work out class in the mornings that was hosted by lds mom's... in the gym of the church... and they all dressed like sluts. I saw one girls who-ha because she didn't wear any undies what so ever. I understand something sleeveless, as I am constantly sweating there even when I'm not working out, and it has made a difference for me, but thin straps is just silly. It's hard to watch people be careless about things like that... but you shouldn't judge them for their outward appearance and how they dress. I know you wouldn't want to be judged that way either. Just be the modest princess that you are!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...