Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Our Song

Justin quoted part of these lyrics to me through a text the night of our first kiss. He has informed me that he has never had an "our song" with any of his previous girlfriends before. I however, am too much of a cheesy romantic to not have a song. So I'm thinkin' this is it.



In my opinion everyone needs a song to call their own. I can't wait for the day when I'm older and listening to oldies on the radio (aka the music of our generation) and this song starts playing. We can get all goobery and say things like, "Oh honey. They are playing our song." Then we'll kiss and our kids in the back seat will shout, "Ewwwww! Mom and Dad are kissing again!", which will make us laugh and kiss even more to gross out our children. Yup. I'm excited for the day when I can humiliate and embarrass my children. It's gonna be great! :)

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Bahaha! I loved this. I have to tell you a story though.

so when i was in high school, back when me and ben were admidst our drama, i started to date eric. ben got really sad one night and started emailing me at like 3am all the things he missed about me... it was cute, i think i still have the emails on my old account. anyways, he sent me this exact song, and it was so cheesy the way he like tried to sing it to me the next time i saw him. It makes me crack up laughing because it was just so cheesy! this is a good song though, i'm not knocking it. I just don't know if I can listen to it again without bursting out laughing!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...