Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sickness

A week and a half ago I got sick. Not only am I no better, I am worse. Tonight my mom told me that this sickness is everywhere! She said that Davis High has tons of students out right now, and Cassie says that almost everyone at her work is sick. I guess on the news it was talking about how this is spreading, and it lasts for weeks! WEEKS! Well, damn! I don't have weeks! (Pardon my French). I will leave out all of the gruesome details. I won't tell you that I cough so hard I throw up. Or that my nose is so snotty I could probably have filled a swimming pool with it by now. And I won't mention the fact that my sides, stomach, and back feel like I have been kicked by a cow from coughing so hard. No, I will leave out all of the dirty details. And I won't even complain about how expensive being sick is. With the night cold medicine, dayquil, cough drops, tissue, liquids, etc. Because you know me, I'm not a complainer. And finally, I won't whine to you about how I am laying in bed right now, seriously contemplating where I am going to find the energy to get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, and make my bed. I won't tell you how I feel so weak that all of those tasks seem like an incredibly unachievable feat. It's a good thing I don't whine and complain and go on and on about how miserable I am. Because if I did, well that would be sending off some very negative vibes indeed.

The upside to all of this is that my voice sounds like a man and I am constantly reminded of the Friends episode where Phoebe is sick and thinks her voice sounds really sexy, and when she loses her cold she is really mad that she lost her sexy voice. She ends up kissing Chandler when he gets sick to see if she can get her sexy voice back. So that is always fun to have a Friends moment.

Another good thing is that it is Spring Break next week. And I don't care if I am on my death bed, I am going to get the heck out of Logan... even if it kills me! (No pun intended... well maybe a little).

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Kicked by a cow... nice! I'm glad you aren't a whiner either. I'm glad you are able to be reminded of Friends, because that just makes being sick so much more fun!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...