Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friend-Ache

One day I will get back to happy posts.... but this is not it. (Just giving you fair warning).

I was just wondering. Do you ever feel this awful ache inside of you when you think about friends you've either lost or are just not close to anymore? Am I weird for feeling this way?

Tonight I was able to go to a play that one of my best friends from high school was in. Fortunately I was able to see him afterwards for a few minutes. I gave him a hug and asked how he was doing, but as I was walking away from him this terrible ache filled my heart. In all honesty, I miss him.

I couldn't be more grateful for this friend. For the things he taught me. For the times he saved me. For the memories we created. I have no doubt in my mind that someone from above put him in my life at the time that he was.

I understand the concept that people come into our lives for a reason, for however long we need them or they need us, and then it's alright to move on after that. But understanding it and living it is a completely different thing. I hate change. I don't want to move on. I want to have the amazing moments I have had with past friends everyday for the rest of my life!

Is that crazy?

Thinking about this old high school friend led me to think about all my old high school friends. And I miss them. All of them. Jack. Aaron. Katie. Ali. Kristin. Cami. Amber. Alyse. (etc.)

I miss my ward friends. Lauren. JaNae. Brittney. Marissa. Tyler. Trevor. Sean. Rachel. (etc.)

I miss my old roommates. Lorissa. Kelsey. Shilah. Reconda. Maddie. TaLisha. Shalese. Breanna. Geri. SuSu. Betsy. (etc.)

I miss my three friends from the best summer I have ever had. Alejandra. Ryan. Jason.



I. Miss. Them. All.



Can anyone sympathize with me? And if so, does it ever go away?



I know I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life who have taught me so much. I have so many amazing friends now. Amanda. Alex. Kenzi. Kylie. Leisha. Rachel. Emily. Lauren. Katelyn. Morgan. Tyler. The list goes on.



I look at these lists of people and know it would be virtually impossible to have them all fit into my life. So that's what I picture heaven to be like. All my friends. All my family. Together. Forever. No aches.

5 comments:

Shilah said...

Love you Kristi!

Ali and Brig said...

All I can say is Amen sister! I feel exactly the same way, I guess we'll just have to keep making friends so that our section of heaven is nice a crowded.:) Love you!

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I don't think it ever gets easier, but I am right there with you 100%. by the way, i can't read maddie's blog anymore, can you?
I thought came to my mind from a lesson i taught to the beehives a few weeks ago. it was about eternal families. maybe i'll do a blog post about it because it's really kind of touching in a way that i hadn't expected.
but i'm always here for you! you know that!

kenzis said...

This made me start to cry a little thinking about heaven and how that's totally what it will be like! How cool is that? Thank you for this post. I know exactly how you feel and I think the ache gets quieter at times but honestly never goes away. Love you so much.

The Pantones said...

I miss you too dear! I'm so glad I can read your blog- I love it (and you) to pieces!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...