Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day Eight

Todays blog challenge is your short term goals.

My obvious short term goals are to do well in school, get enough hours in at work to pay for rent and my car payment, and to eat right, get enough sleep, and exercise more. However, I came up with another goal yesterday. In my institute class we have been learning to not get defensive when someone attacks our religion. Sounds easy right? Well last night I found out that its not as easy as you would think. Yesterday someone came to our apartment and started talking casually, TOO casually, about something that is meant to be kept very sacred in the church. I was appalled that he felt no guilt at the things that he was being so nonchalant about. I quickly came to the conclusion that this guy has no self awareness whatsoever, but even worse, I jumped to the defensive. So my goal is to practice patience when facing confrontation. What that guy said last night was in no way appropriate. He needs to learn to keep sacred things sacred. Especially with things pertaining to the temple. But I was wrong too. I should have been patient with him and calmly explained to him why he was such an idiot. (Im kidding I'm kidding!) I just needed to not get so angry, because really, what did that accomplish? Absolutely positively NOTHING!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...