Monday, October 11, 2010

Working Hard. Playing Harder.

Here is a quickie update on my life. I am loving school this semester. My classes rock. I am doing pretty good in school too. (Pretty sure I just aced my first Anthro of Religion test so I am pretty stoked about that.)

I am still working at the bug job and although my boss tells us that we will be running out of work soon, we haven't yet, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

After watching conference I realized the areas that I needed to work on in my life. I have fixed some relationships and am working on others. I love how conference always motivates me to fix the areas that need to be fixed. There were some really good reminders. I think my favorite was the talk that said the most important things you need to focus on are 1. Your relationship with Heavenly Father 2. Your relationship with your family 3. Your relationship with your fellowmen and 4. Your relationship with yourself. .... This is the talk I needed and this is what I am currently focusing on.

Alright. So that was the 'work' part of my life. As for the playing. Well. I am playing hard! Life is just so fantastic! For example: This past weekend was way fun. On Friday night I went to the hockey game with Kylie and Kylie's friend Lauren. Sadly, we lost. (I know! I was shocked too!) But it was still so much fun and I am still a hardcore hockey lover. Then on Saturday I went to the bug lab. This may not sound like play, but the way I did it, it totally was! I am not a fan of going to work on Saturday because the BNR (Biology and Natural Resources Building) is way creepy building anyway, but on Saturday's it is completely empty and very spooky. Especially because our lab is under the cadaver lab! EEK! But anyway, I needed hours so I went to work but brought my ipod speaker with me. Since there wasn't anyone there I blasted my music super loud and rocked out (and yes, even sang a little) while I sorted bugs. It was actually kind of fun. That night I went to the haunted corn maze with Amanda, Alex, Kylie and Lauren. It was scary but a total blast! Afterwards we went to Seven Elven for hot chocolate (because theirs is the best on the planet!) and went back to my apartment to watch Hocus Pocus. Eric and Leisha joined us for the movie so it was pretty much a party in my apartment! Sunday was a great day of church (of course!) and Sunday night's we have a weekly roommate bonding session and watch the new show on TLC, 'Sister Wives'. That show is addicting and oh so much fun to make fun of! Check it out. You won't be able to stop.

So yeah. That's my life in a nut-shell. School, Work, Friends, Roommates, but most importantly, HOCKEY! (Come to a game with me! Your life will never be the same!)

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...