Sunday, October 24, 2010

Losing Faith in Humanity

Don't you hate when you have high expectations for something and then it turns into an epic fail? That's kind of how this weekend was for me.

Well, excluding Friday. Friday night was a lot of fun. We had this HUGE group go to the pumpkin walk and yeah. It was fun.

Saturday kind of sucked butt though. Saturday morning I came to the realization that most people are very selfish and self-centered. I can't even talk about it without becoming angry and disappointed in humanity all over again.

I spent all of Saturday afternoon curled into a ball feeling super sick, wishing that I could just throw-up and get it over with. Lame.

Saturday night we went to the hockey game. We were playing against BYU and so I was way excited for the game. A lot of my friends were going so three of us went super early to save a bunch of seats for everyone else. We didn't have a lot to save them with so I just put my purse in the middle of the saved ones and we would just tell people when they asked. Well this dad came with his little boy and sat down in our saved seats and my cousin Kylie goes over and tells them that they are saved. But he doesn't move. So I go over to talk to him. I tell him that they are saved and he is like, "Well there is nothing on these two and your friends are just going to have to find seats like I did." I told him that we had gotten there early specifically to save seats we just didn't have a ton of stuff to put on them. But he refused to move. What a good impression you are making for your son! He seriously was the biggest jerk on the planet! I could not even believe he was being so ridiculous. Finally the guy behind him pointed out that there was plenty of room on their row so they finally ended up moving, but oh my. What an A-hole (pardon my french). That guy just really pissed me off. I was already ticked off from the morning, feeling sick, and annoyed with some of my friends so it was just kind of the icing on the cake.

After the game we were supposed to meet another friend who had planned something, but he didn't even bother to show up or have the courtesy to let us know that he wasn't coming. It was rude of him, but at least I could just go home and go to bed and end this terrible rotten, no good for nothing, very bad day!

All I have to say is thank heavens we beat BYU that night cause if we hadn't I definitely would have cried!

2 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Oh man, sorry you were feeling so sick. And sorry you had such a rotten weekend! Bummer!

Shilah said...

Sorry you had an awful weekend :,(
Maybe the guy sitting behind you that helped you to save your seats can restore a little of your hope in humanity. I hope this next week can be better :)

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...