Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hockey, Birthdays, and Good Friends

Last night was amazing. Seriously one of the funnest nights ever.


It was the last USU home game of the season, and the Aggies did not disappoint. Words can not describe the awesomeness of that game! I was on my feet the entire time, screaming like a maniac. My voice is totally shot and my hands feel bruised from clapping ha ha. I do not believe I have ever witnessed so many fights in one game. At one point, the refs just stood by and watched as an Aggie threw off his gloves, ripped off the a Ute's helmet, and started punching every bit of his face he could reach. If I remember right we had five players fight so dirty that they skipped the penalty box and got thrown right out of the ice arena. I don't think there was ever a time when there was not someone in the penalty box for that matter. When the Aggies scored two goals within the first ten minutes I thought it was a pretty done deal. Then the Utes tied it up after the second quarter, 4 to 4. That's when the game got intense. The third quarter was pure insanity! The crowd was going insane. But of course - The Aggies Won! 7 to 4! Sweet Victory! The Aggies have a perfect, undefeated home game season.

After the game we all went back to my apartment to celebrate some birthdays - My friends Ryan and Jason, and my cousin Kylie's. We had cake and ice cream and some VERY interesting conversations. It was a way fun night and I am just oh so grateful for the friends that I have! They are awesome! Here are my two favorite pictures taken last night . . . . .



1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I love it when they fight at hockey games! ps, jason looks unusually skinny in the face... did he not eat on his mission or something?!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...