Sunday, February 28, 2010

Twin Mix Up

Today I went to Jason's homecoming and the first part of sacrament meeting twins were being blessed by their grandpa. So the first twin is blessed and as the grandpa walks back to get the next one the mom says that he had used the wrong name for the wrong baby. So the grandpa gets the next baby, and as he gets up there, he forgets which one he had and had to call back to the mom to find out. So this blessing goes good. Right baby, right name. The grandpa comes back to get the other baby to re-do his blessing with the right name. However, the second blessing for the same baby he says the wrong name AGAIN! So this poor baby has to be blessed three times while his twin brother got it right the first time. ha ha poor kid. The whole congregation pretty much lost it! We were all laughing so hard! Especially after the second wrong blessing. It was freaking hilarious. I am sure the mom did not think so, but this is definitely going to be a story told over and over in that family for sure!

Oh and Jason did an excellent job! You can tell he has grown so much just comparing his farewell to his homecoming talks. It was pretty much amazing! Not gonna lie, I got a little teary when he started talking about Lance. (That was his very best friend that had died while Jason was on his mission) He talked about how the week he found out that Lance was gone was absolutely the hardest week of his mission, but it was amazing to me to see how he was able to keep it together and continue to do the work. At the end of the talk the bishop got up and read part of a letter that he had received from Jason's mission president. The letter was so heartfelt and said so many good things about Jason and the person he was and the work that he had done. I am so proud of Jason! He is definitely a spiritual strength to me. Jason's mom and little sister, Katie, also spoke and they both did an amazing job as well. All in all it was a good meeting and the spirit was so strong in the room I swear you could reach out and touch it!

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Hahaha this blog post was kind of like a romantic comedy... you laugh some and you cry some. I laughed about the twin thing... that's the funniest thing in the world... but i cried when you mentioned Lance's name. I forgotten that it happened while Jason was out. I'm glad Jason did a good job! Tell him hi for me!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...