Sunday, February 7, 2016

An Inspirational Dancer


This is Gabe Adams. When I was in high school at Davis High his father was my seminary teacher. Brother Adams wanted his class to meet Gabe. He explained to us that the reason he did not have any limbs was because his birth mother took an abortion pill (illegal in the U.S.) while she was pregnant with Gabe. My seminary teacher had 13 kids of their own, but when they heard about Gabe, they knew they needed to adopt him. My seminary teacher shared a very spiritual experience with us- one that I don't feel right about posting over social media- but I will never in my life forget the day I met Gabe. He was then just five years old, and he was incredible. He climbed stairs with his chin, he could not only swim, but climb the stairs to the diving board and jump off. When he wasn't in his wheelchair he rolled around on the floor, maneuvering himself between the tiniest spaces. He let us all come up and touch his six pack- the kid was ripped! Pure muscle and not an ounce of fat!

It is amazing seeing him 12 years later accomplishing so much in his life. If anyone in this world has an excuse to not try scary things, it is this kid! But he doesn't let his missing limbs stop him from anything! He is such an inspiration to me. This kid is going places!!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...