Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Sweetest Comeback

As I was driving home from work on  Thursday night I all of a sudden got the 'date itch'. So when I got home I woke my husband up and informed him that he was going to take me out on a date. Being the good sport that he is he agreed. We went and ate at Rumbi Grill which was delicious. Afterwards, being the party animals that we are, we decided to head over to Walmart to look at car seats and strollers.

Well, we had really good timing because when we got to Walmart the very first pallet of Hostess had been delivered just moments before. We had made it just in time for the grand re-opening of America's favorite product. The guy that was unloading it told us that this was the first pallet and he suspected it would be gone within the hour. He also informed us that Walmart is the only store allowed to sale it for the next two weeks. So we of course decided to grab a couple of boxes because don't you know that roasted Twinkies over the campfire is a treat from heaven?! 

So while we were getting our Hostess fix all of a sudden a mad rush of people swarmed that pallet like a moth to the flame. It was hilarious to watch guys, kind of like a 'black friday' ordeal.  Everyone started whipping out their phones and taking pictures of this grand event. I felt like I was part of history in the making or something. We Americans sure did miss that Hostess brand. Where would we be without their ding dongs, donuts, and twinkies? Skinnier yes. Happier no.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...