Saturday, March 2, 2013

February

Well folks, February has come and gone. I must admit that I have a special place in my heart for February. It's the month that means that the dreadful January is over (hooray!) and it is so short  that by the end of it you don't know where the time went but find yourself all of a sudden one month closer to spring (I think that deserves another HOORAY!). Not to mention it is a month filled with love and yummy sugary sweet treats. So thank you February, it was nice having you around but even nicer to have you over so quickly so that spring can get on its way.

This last month I made two crafts for Valentine's Day. Crafting is something that happens only on occasion for me so two in one month was kind of a big deal. Also, I am very very new and inexperienced at the whole 'domestic crafting' thing so I was pretty happy with the way these turned out.



I had a really good Valentine's Day this year because basically I have some really awesome men in my life. Before I went to work that morning the delivery guy visited me twice. I got roses from my grandpa and chocolate covered strawberries from my dad. They are so incredibly sweet to do this for me every single year as far back as I can remember. 
So yeah- I might have dived right in before I realized that I should probably take a picture haha. They were SOOOO good!
My flowers from Pa
I didn't get home from work until 7:30 that night so Justin and I just went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and thanks to call ahead seating, we didn't even have to wait a full minute before our name was called. For my present this year Justin framed our wedding picture, something that I have been meaning to do for ages, but never got around to doing. It was such a beautiful frame and so thoughtful that yes, I must admit, the gift brought me to tears. But maybe that was just my hormones showing themselves again. Anyway, my husband is the sweetest man alive. Seriously. But being the dummy that I am, I didn't actually take any pictures of us this Valentine's Day. Oops, I am such a slacker.

Another highlight of February was that Justin and I got to get away for the weekend last week. Sunday was my dad's birthday so we decided that we would treat ourselves to a little get away the night before in Layton. (Exciting I know). We stayed at the Best Western there which was honestly one of the nicest hotels I've been in for a while. The room had hard wood floors, something that I had never seen before, but just felt so much cleaner than that nasty hotel carpet ya know? Anywho. That night we checked in the hotel, went swimming (wow that felt super great on my prego muscles!), went out to eat, and then came back and watched a movie in our hotel room. We had planned on joining my parents for church that morning but decided to sleep in and watch another movie instead. (Naughty, I know). When we checked out of the hotel we drove to my parent's house and had a family dinner and then some extended family and some neighbors came over later to have cake and ice cream with us. It was a fun little get a way and completely rejuvenated  my spirits. Sometimes you just need to escape the world and I was definitely getting to that point. If I haven't said it before I'll say it again, pregnancy is hard! And kind of exhausting. And sometimes you just need a break from it.

The last little highlight of February is that Justin finally found a transmission for his 1969 Chevy Nova that he is rebuilding. He found the transmission on KSL. It was in Provo so we decided to kind of make a day trip to go and get it. It was such a beautiful drive full of sunshine. I love sunshine. We got the transmission but were also able to spend some time with my older sister who lives in Provo. I finally got to see her new pad and we went to Red Robin for dinner and ended up talking in the booth for over two hours. I am sure our waitress was sick of us and wanted the table back, but oh well, we had fun. This is a picture of Justin in front of a car that was in the restaurant. He thought it was pretty cool.

And that was our month of February. We are excited that it is now March because on the 27'th we FINALLY get to find out if its a boy or girl! I can't wait! Happy March everyone! 

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...