Saturday, July 14, 2012

The post that includes flying, a toilet, a date, and a derby.

Thursday was my sister-in-laws 21'st birthday so we drove to Iggys in Ogden because that's her favorite restaurant. After dinner we went to ifly where Leslie went indoor sky diving. It was pretty much the most awesome thing I have ever witnessed! It looks super hard to do, I know there is no way I would have enough upper body strength to do it, but Leslie did great! I would have taken pictures or even a video, but my phone took a plunge in the toilet that night and yes, I did in fact have a mini heart attack. I hurried and ripped my phone apart into teeny tiny pieces and let it sit for almost 24 hours. Turns out I am the luckiest girl in the world because it's working! Not gonna lie, I almost had happy tears when I saw that it was turning on!

Last night my hubby took me on a date which was a lot of fun. We drove to Brigham City- the plan was to walk around the temple grounds and check out the new temple but unfortunately it was all taped off and we couldn't walk around. It was still cool to see the temple though and how far its come in just a few short months. I am so excited for this temple to open up- it's going to help congestion in the Logan temple so much! After our drive around the temple we grabbed some food at Peach City and took the long drive home. I don't think I have ever taken that drive back to Logan before and it was actually very pretty with some freaking huge houses out there! Who knew? When we got back to Logan Justin took me to Texas Roadhouse for dessert- he owed me. He bet me a piece of T.R. cheesecake if I would eat some sushi. I can't decide if it was worth it. As good as that cheesecake was last night, I don't know if it was worth that big ball of slimey raw fish, that got to my gag reflexes and made me want to throw up. Never again my friends. Never again! 

This morning I am at work with 40+ check outs and a remote to a TV that is broken with the TV stuck on a sports channel- which equals a pretty long day. But at least I have something to look forward to! Tonight Justin and I are going to the demolition derby- let the car smashing begin! Boo-Yeah!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...