Saturday, June 30, 2012

Job....Sad

This is more of a  job sad than a job funny. I think. I don't know. You decided.... (but if you don't know who The Beach Boys are or claim to hate music, you better stop reading this post because most likely it WILL offend you)

So the other day I was talking to our breakfast attendant about his plans for the fourth and he said that he might be able to get some tickets to the stadium of fire in SLC. I told him that I had gone once and it was a lot of fun. In fact I had gone the last time that The Beach Boys were there, and they will be here again this year. And he was like, "Who are The Beach Boys?".......

......................... awkward silence filled with crickets chirping, but not really because it was morning................


I'm sorry. What? Where have you been living? Under a rock? And to make things worse he then proclaims that he wouldn't go for the music anyway because he hates music and would just go for the fireworks. I would do that whole awkward silence, lots of dots, and crickets chirping thing again, but that may be pushing it. Hates music? Do you also hate puppies and sunshine? Hmmmmm. Now I know that I am a pretty opinionated person, but this is ridiculous right? I don't think I have ever met anyone in my almost 25 years of existence who have declared that they HATE music. The thing about music is that there are SOOOO many kinds that there is bound to be some type that you like right? Maybe I am the one who has been living under a rock because I didn't even know that hating music kind of people existed. But anyways, if you are someone who LIKES music but does NOT know who The Beach Boys are, PLLLEASE... Educate yourselves! I'll help you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SSWOvUELE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--cqAI3IUI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grj7sjQ0_p4&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...