Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Better

This week is the first time I finally feel better since going off of Cymbalta (see my earlier post entitled 'kill me now'). Yesterday was my first day back in the gym and it felt amazing! Going through this process of drug withdrawal has not only been a living hell, but it's also opened my eyes (just a little) to the seriousness of drugs. If withdrawal from a prescription can be that horrendous, I don't even want to think about how much worse real drug withdrawal is. Ugh. It makes me cringe just thinking about it! Thank my lucky stars I grew up with the word of wisdom! (Don't know about The Word of Wisdom? Learn about it at lds.org).


So anyway, fortunately for me all of the symptoms have gone away except for one. On occasion my body starts convulsing unexpectedly. I shake and shake,  almost like im freezing my butt off. Its definitely one of the easier symptoms to handle, just a little weird maybe. Hopefully that ends soon though and I'll be back to 100% normal soon. Im SO glad I got off of that stupid medication!!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Glad you are feeling better. Just some food for thought, anti-depressants and birth controls are a horrendous mixture. Because they both alter hormones in different ways, and as we all know, regular hormones are crazy themselves. So unforunately, I don't think you will ever be "fixed" as you will always need those medications to be altered since everything changes so much. It's a messy process and it's rough (the only reason I know all this is from my step mother in law who has the same issues). I hope things start to settle down a bit for you so you can enjoy newly married life!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...