Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Do!

Justin and I got married on October 6, 2011 in the Salt Lake Temple. Everything that day was perfect... except for the rain. We could have used a little bit less of that.

I drove to Fruit Heights the day before and that night I went to get a pedicure and manicure with my two sisters and mom. I love being pampered!

I didn't get much sleep the night before, but much more than I thought I would. That morning I woke up around 7:30 and went to get my hair done at Phazes Salon in Kaysville. My car died in the parking lot, so that made me a little nervous, but while I was getting my hair and make up done my mom said she would work on fixing my car, which she did. I was so releived seeing as that was the car that we were driving later that night. Whew! One crisis averted.

Justin picked me up and we drove to the temple. I was surprisingly calm the entire way. Can I just say, the temple is SO amazing! Honestly, whatever sacrifices you THINK you have to make to get there, are so completely worth it. I love the temple and I love that Justin took me there. The promise that we can be together forever.... wow... there is nothing quite like it. Okay, sorry. Getting away from the point of this blog. So anyway, the parking lot we thought we were going to park in was completely full, which in SLC means that we had to park way far away. Did I mention the rain? ....Yeah... it was pouring! We got soaked on the hike to the temple and I almost slipped and fell on my bum a few times, but fortunately we both made it in one piece. Unfortunately I can't say the same thing for my mom :( she had a pretty horrific fall on her way to the temple. You know there has to be a few disasters though or it wouldn't be a wedding right?

So anyway, we had a lot of support at the temple and it was amazing to see so many family and friends there to celebrate with us. My mom was carrying my veil when she fell so that got super muddy, but the really sweet temple ladies cleaned it for us during our ceremony, so crisis #3 was fixed. When we left the temple to meet our fam/friends, and also during pictures, it was still pouring rain. I was kind of bummed cause I wanted my pictures to be good and I thought the rain (and all the umbrellas) would ruin them. But my photographer is awesome and we ended up with some really awesome pictures!

After the photo shoot at the temple Justin and I headed to the luncheon which was held at the Wight House in Bountiful. We knew everyone was there waiting for us so we tried to hurry, which is why we hit ever single red light AND got lost on the way there haha. But we finally made it and ate a very yummy lunch which was a pasta bar, breadsticks, and snickers cake. During the luncheon we passed a microphone around and all of our guests introduced themselves, told funny stories that the remember about us, and wished us their congratulations. It was pretty simple, but lots of fun and nice to chill after the hectic morning.

That night we had our reception in the Brook Haven chapel in Fruit Heights. I was very impressed with the decorations (we hired people to do it for us) and thought that every thing turned out great. We had lots of kitchen help and a wonderful piano player for some background music. Before the reception started we did another photo shoot and we got some more awesome pictures. The reception seemed to drag on while we were standing in line, we were all tired by that time, but it was fun to see everyone. The last part of the reception was filled with shoving cake in each others faces, throwing garters and bouquets, and finally leaving in a storm of bubbles for the honeymoon.

A week later, after our honeymoon, we had an open house in a chapel in Logan. I can't believe how much work my in laws did! The church looked so awesome and the food was great! It was another long line of people but again it was so fun to see everyone and meet some of Justin's family and friends that I haven't been able to meet yet. After the reception both of our families headed to the Palmers house for some pizza and watched Justin and I open all of our gifts. We got super spoiled! It was great!

Well I think that's about it for that. Up next: THE HONEYMOON!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...