Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Weekend

This is the post where I give a play by play of my Easter weekend. Be excited.

On Saturday we had an Easter party out at my Grandpa Paulsen's home. It was a lot of fun to see some cousins that I haven't seen in years. There were three babies there so basically I was in baby heaven! I mostly played with my little cousin Ella who will be two years old this summer. She is my new best friend. We had lunch, did an Easter egg hunt for the kids, and then everyone kind of split up here and there. There was a massive volleyball game going on... but I blew bubbles with Ella. Everyone sat and talked and played. It was pretty much awesome. This is a picture of all the girls in my family at my grandpa's house. (Stolen from my cousin Kylie's facebook). 


That night my dad suggested that my immediate family go out to dinner. We went to Red Robin... Yum! (like from the commercial) After dinner we decided to go to the movies. It was hard to choose one that we all wanted to see so we finally settled on The Conspirator. I personally really enjoyed this movie, but it was kind of split down the middle with some really enjoying it, and others really hating it. I probably wouldn't watch it again but I found the history of it fascinating. It's all about the assassins of President Lincoln and the trial of one woman who was accused of being an accomplice. I personally think it's worth seeing at least once.

On Sunday morning we went to church, came home and had dinner, and ate a bunch of candy from our Easter baskets. (Yes, the Easter Bunny does still come to me) We also helped my little sister with a blanket tying service project she had to do to make up some U's for school. However, it was such a beautiful day outside that I begged my family to enjoy the sunshine with me and dragged them all to the park with Chaz (our dog) in tow. We also invited our neighbors, the Caseys, and my Aunt Robin and cousins Kailey and Kade to meet us at the park. We played baseball (dang I miss that sport!), threw a football around, and had one wicked awesome volleyball game. We also colored with sidewalk chalk, played catch, ate snacks, and sat around and talked. It was so much fun to be at the beautiful Barnes Park in Kaysville and spend that time with neighbors and family. Afterwards my dad gets in the car and says, "So that's what its like to be a family again." haha I guess it's been a little too long since all six of us have been together at the same time just having some good old fashioned fun with no technology getting in the way. I miss those carefree, simple days. I hope the summer will bring much more of them with my family.

Oh, and one more thing. As I was sitting in church on Sunday this little boy started getting so excited when he saw the deacons and teachers start to pass the sacrament around. He was jumping up and down and pointing at the boys. Granted, he was probably excited for the bread and water he knew was coming, but as I sat watching him the thought came to my mind that the sacrament truly is an exciting thing. Sacred, but exciting at the same time. We take the sacrament to remember Christ and on Easter Sunday it felt especially special. I am so grateful for the atonement. For the miracle that happened so many years ago, when Christ was resurrected from the tomb. I know I will never fully appreciate or even comprehend the full extent of it, but it's exciting to belong to this church. To know the truth. To know that God loves me individually. I can't wait to be a missionary and share that message with others. The gospel is exciting. And wonderful. And peaceful. And true.




1 comment:

kenzis said...

What a beautiful post :-)

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...