Saturday, April 2, 2011

Brother

Can I just say how proud I am of my little brother? He is turning into quite a good young man.

Zach (My brother) is on the wrestling team at his jr. high and he was telling me how one of his team mates, Bobby (that's what I'm calling him cause I don't remember his real name) didn't want to be in the team picture because he didn't feel worthy standing next to everyone else since he had lost his match. Zach's coach, Mr. Pazoli, had all of the team come in to his classroom individually on Thursday, and when it was Zach's turn he told Mr. Pazoli what Bobby had said. He then asked Mr. Pazoli to give Bobby a pep talk to boost his spirits. Mr. Pazoli asked Zach where Bobby was and Zach told him that he was at lunch. Mr. Pazoli asked Zach to go get Bobby so that he could talk to him. Zach headed to the cafeteria to get Bobby, but he refused to come. However, Zach had been given an assignment by his coach to 'get Bobby' so that's exactly what he did. Zach got another heavy weight on the team and the two of them grabbed Bobby's arms, one on each side, lifted him up and literally carried him to Pazoli's office for his pep talk. I am so proud of my little brother for caring that much about a fellow teammate!


Second Proud Moment: Yesterday was the district championship wrestling match. There was one wrestler from Centerville who was cocky, arrogant, and completely full of himself. I had seen him wrestle before and I didn't like him then, but yesterday I absolutely could not stand him. He is rude to everyone and fights so dirty I don't even understand how the ref's don't kick him out. Well, yesterday he won match after match after match. He ended up taking first place in his weight class. When he won however, not one single teammate cheered for him. And he took first place! This just tells you what kind of kid he is to have his entire team hate him enough to not even be happy for doing so well.

Zach on the other hand has one of the biggest cheering sections I have ever seen. All of his teammates go nuts for him. His teammates parents go nuts for him. His family is there cheering him on, sometimes even extended family. He even has friends come and sit on hard bleachers, for many many hours, just to watch his matches. It just goes to show that being nice to everyone has its advantages!

Third Proud Moment: Zach did really well yesterday. He got 5'th place out of 30 other heavy weights, and in my book, that's good! Even though Zach didn't place and get a medal, he still went up to the four heavy weight champions who did place to congratulate them. Wow. What a good loser.(You know what I mean.) I was so proud of him for not being angry or having any bitter feelings towards the wrestlers who beat him. He is just turning into such a good man and I am so so proud of him!



This is the Ref holding up Zach's hand indicating he just won his match! Yay! Go Knights! :)

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Yay Zach! This is precious Kristi!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...