Friday, February 11, 2011

Day Thirty- Last Day!

Today is the last day of the blog challenge! I can't believe it's been a month since I started this. Time is flying by so fast these days! Today's blog challenge is a favorite quote. This quote was framed and given to me as a present from my friend Amber. It was her favorite quote, and it is now mine as well.

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make a life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a person humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they they ought to be, -- we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
-Goethe-

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...