Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year...

This New Years Eve was a quiet, but fun affair. Logan is pretty much dead this time of year because all of the college kids go home, but fortunately there was one person left to celebrate with - My cousin Kylie. We had a lot of fun playing games, eating a lot of crap, and watching movies. We also watched every Friends episode that has a New Years in it. At midnight we watched the ball drop and then went outside and threw handfuls of confetti. We stayed up until 6:30 am so Kylie crashed on my couch instead of driving home. The next day we slept in, made breakfast, watched more movies, played more games, ate more crap, and went for a drive in Logan Canyon. It wasn't a wild and crazy party, but it sure was a lot of fun.

Kylie and I were talking about the year 2010 and how it had some extreme highs as well as some extreme lows for both of us. I definitely have a lot of good memories from last year, but I would be lying if I said I am not a little more than relieved to have that year over with. I am also excited for the possibilities that 2011 holds. The happiest of things about to happen are that my two best friends, Ale and Lorissa, will soon come home from their missions! We are also having our big Wright Reunion this year, a reunion that only happens every three years, and this year its being held in Illinois so that will be fun to go somewhere different. I look forward to continuing my education this year, and probably moving out of my apartment. And then there is always the challenge of making this summer better than the last one, a challenge which I am anxiously anticipating! This year I want to try new things, make new friends, work hard, and play harder. 2010 was a year I was waiting for, but it was somewhat of a disappointment. I am bound and determined to make this year a memorable one with no regrets!

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...