Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pet Peeve

Church was amazing today! I know I sound like a broken record, but every Sunday in my ward is AMAZING! I love how tangible the spirit is in every single meeting. I love that my ward is a place where I can receive personal revelation and weekly renew my testimony and faith. I love the pick me up that it gives me! And I LOVE the people!!!

However, there is one thing that I did not love about today. And that was the girls sitting in front of me in sacrament meeting. Due to spring break, our ward combined with another ward today, and these girls were from that ward. And they did not shut their mouths for two seconds of the meeting. Like seriously. They were talking and giggling the entire time. I couldn't believe how rude they were being. The boys in front of them would turn around and look at them, trying to give them the hint to BE QUIET! Even people across the aisle were looking at them, but they were too involved in their conversation to notice. The only time they were silent was during the prayers. They spoke through the songs, announcements, sacrament, and talks. I was so annoyed. I did my best to ignore them, but they were so inexcusably loud!

Guaranteed that no conversation is more important than taking the sacrament and renewing your baptismal covenants.

Guaranteed that no joke is worth missing out on learning about the gospel.

Guaranteed that no information shared is more important than feeling the spirit.

Guaranteed!!

Ooooo. I was bugged. If you truly and honestly have something more important to say than what is being said during sacrament meeting, write it down in a note or get out of the chapel so that you are not distracting from the spirit that everyone else is trying to feel!

And that my friends, is my pet peeve for the day.

Reverence. It's about time. (Said like those cheesy LDS family commercials that we all love) =)

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...