Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I was sitting in one of my classes not paying attention whatsoever. I began to write and this is what came out. I know it's not that great, and that the rhyming is a little juvenile, but I had fun coming up with it so decided to post it. Don't make fun.


Secret Wish
My prince has finally found me
The fairy tale comes true
The glass slipper fits
My life is made anew.

The prince has slain the dragon
I’ve made it to the ball
I’ll move into the castle
In love with him I’ll fall.

Woodland creatures save me
And my fairy godmother has come
Gowns and jewels adorn me
Until my life is done.

The king and queen love me
And the genie is my friend
I find my life’s companion
There is no bitter end.

And then I wake up from this dream
And remember he loves another
No kiss, No joy, No ring
And no happy ever after.

Someday my prince will come
That’s what I tell myself
He wasn’t worth the pain
Put your feelings on the shelf.

Keep on hoping, Keep on dreaming
Don’t become the shrew
Stay strong and keep perspective
Somehow you’ll make it through.

Love is not an easy game
I never signed up for this
But there is always future’s hope
And the heart’s secret wish.

2 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Wow, you are quite the poet! And I didn't even know it! Good work!

Anonymous said...

Pssh, I love it...don't knock yourself. Doesn't sound juvenile at all! Glad ya found me; now I have another blog to stalk!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...