Sunday, February 28, 2016

Ice, Ice, Baby!

A few months ago I decided that I needed to plan a mini getaway in February so that I could have something to look forward to and help me survive the January blues. I googled different things to do in Utah- and stumbled upon the ice castles in Midway. It was exactly what I was looking for! A place that we had never been, not too far from home, with reasonable prices, and something you could do with a toddler. Score!

Little did I know that the week leading up to our mini vay-cay was going to be an incredibly difficult week (see previous blog post for details). So it kind of came at the perfect time. Divine intervention made me choose that date? Who knows! But it was such a nice little getaway. I needed it so badly. With my husband working six days a week I sometimes feel like I am a single mom. Vacations like that are the only times I feel like I REALLY get QUALITY time with my family. I crave that.

We left on a Thursday and that night we hung out in the hotel room and watched movies after we found a cute mom and pop hamburger shop in town. We do not have TV at our house, so sometimes it is really nice to completely veg out in a hotel room and overload on television and eat lots of junk food. On Friday we spent the morning at the pool, took a nap, and then went to the ice castles that night. They were actually pretty cool! Leland was super excited to meet Anna and Elsa and they were so adorable with him. Elsa asked him for a hug and he shyly walked up to her, stared at her for a minute, and then threw his arms around her. It was precious! That whole night he kept repeating, "I have Elsa a hug Mom!" He was so excited, that was totally the highlight for him. The ice castle itself is like a corn maze, but with ice. There are lights that change color in the ice and it goes along with the music. There was a big water fountain in the center which completely mesmerized Leland.

After that we hit up the burger joint again, cause it was super yummy so why not, and then took a little drive around town to explore and see what there was. We left Saturday morning so even though it was a short trip, we had a very good time. I really like going to places I have never been before and just explore.


















No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...