Sunday, March 8, 2015

I Wish I Could Speak Whale!

As some of you might know, our little Leland is completely and utterly obsessed with "fishies!" We watch Finding Nemo EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And if it's not Finding Nemo, then it's Bubble Guppies. He will also randomly just start yelling, "fishies! fishies! fishies!" In which case you better whip that iPad or smart phone out  real fast and show him a youtube video of fish swimming. It doesn' matter what, a koi pond, a coral reef, even a small aquarium will do. He is probably the only kid in the entire world that loves going to the doctor because, yup, you guessed it! There is an aquarium in the waiting room!

So this year for my dad's birthday my mom thought it would be fun to go to the Living Planet Aquarium in SLC. My dad kind of jokingly grumbled about how it was HIS birthday but we were doing what Leland wanted to do haha. That's Dad for ya! Fortunately for all of us the second my son saw all the "fishies!" his grandpa turned into a puddle of goo and was skipping around with him like a little kid! If you haven't been down there I would highly recommend it! It was the perfect outing and we had such a blast, mostly due to Leland and his excitement I am sure. His enthusiasm for the entire affair was very contagious! We saw penguins, otters, sharks, jelly fish, sting rays, snakes and other reptiles, plenty of creepy crawlies (which I stayed far away from) and much more! It was really fun and educational and Leland was saying "fishies!" much more frequently for days afterwards.
















No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...