Monday, September 15, 2014

Sweet Reunion

Have you ever had friends that you meet in your life and you just know instantly that this is a lifelong friendship kind of thing? I have a few of those friends, most of which are former roommates. I had over 30 roommates before I got married. Some of them were amazing. Some of them were rude and annoying. A handful of them were bat shit crazy. But my best roommate group would have to be when I lived in Highlander just off of campus. We had an instant connection. We got along great. We just clicked. It has been four years since living in that apartment and I am so happy to say that we are ALL still friends! Some of us have graduated, some of us have moved away, some of us have gotten married and started families of our own. But tonight, after more than a year of not seeing one another, we met up and had a roommate reunion. And it was fabulous. It was like we had never been apart. These girls, well, I just love em I tell ya! We talk about the deep stuff and the silly stuff and the stuff that makes us laugh so hard we cry. We have seriously different personalities and it makes it so absolutely wonderful. It really is amazing how well we get along. We might not see each other as often as we would like, but I just know that this is a group that will last forever.

Kind of sappy post, I know. But having good friends like these means the world to me! Every good mom and wife need a good entourage of girlfriends to back her up! Here is mine:


No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...