Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bad Morning Turn Around

My morning routine usually goes like this:
-Alarm goes off and hit snooze a few dozen times.
-Wake up
-Let Zorro out into the yard and prop the door open so that he can get back in
-Shower
-Go back into room to find that Zorro has returned and is now back in bed fast asleep
-Close door
-etc

Well this morning when I got out of the shower Zorro hadn't come back yet. So I finished getting ready and as I was headed out the door I remembered that I hadn't seen Zorro yet. The next half hour consisted of me calling his name, calling work telling them I would be late, driving around the block looking for him, calling Justin at work, crying that I couldn't find my dog and that I was now extremely late for work, and basically having one huge anxiety attack. He always came back. Always. I finally had to leave for work because I was already twenty minutes late, and made things even worse by picturing him laying in the road hit by a car. I got to work and went in the back office and prayed and cried. I watched the clock and called Justin when he got off work, but of course hearing his voice set me off into tears again. Wow, what is wrong with me? He told me everything would be alright and that he would find him. Ten minutes later he text me and said that he called out Zorro's name and he came running (that little stinker!). I was so relieved that he was home safe. But I am also really mad at the little brat. How dare he put me through that?! I guess I have become way more attached to Zorro then I thought. Even though it's only been a little more than a month, I sure do love that dog! 

Whew. It was definitely a rough morning. As I was trying to focus on work and forget the traumatic events of the morning my amazingly sweet husband walked in the doors with a big smile on his face. Just seeing him lifted my mood. Luckily there wasn't anyone at the front desk and I got to talk to him for a bit. He told me how Zorro came running to him and seemed completely fine and happy to see him. It's probably good I wasn't there because Zorro most likely would have received a spanking followed swiftly by a big hug and more tears. Instead Zorro came home to Justin who played frisbee with him. What a lucky dog. And what a lucky girl I am to have such an amazing husband that will put off sleep to come comfort his erratic wife. 

Another thing that put me in a better mood this morning is this funny site: click here. If you aren't smiling by the end of this than there is something wrong with you- just kidding. But it did make me smile- so hopefully it brightens your day a little bit too! 

1 comment:

kenzis said...

This made me SO happy in the midst of crazy stress-so thank you my friend! Love you!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...