Monday, August 6, 2012

Blessings! Blessings everywhere!

Justin and I are feeling like the luckiest people in the world after this weekend. Friday we went and signed our lives away- okay not really- we actually signed all of the papers to get into our home. Which feels kind of like signing your life away with the amount of debt that we just entered in to. After Justin got carpel tunnel from signing his name so many times we went to Olive Garden (my favorite!) to celebrate. After a delicious yummy meal we went back to the he** hole and spent our last night in our crappy apartment. The next day, Saturday, was moving day. Thank you SOOOOO much to those family members that helped us with the move! We honestly could not have done it without you and sincerely appreciate your help. That day we also picked up our washer and dryer, which I am beyond thrilled about because now I can do laundry at home which will be just super fantastic! It was a long, hot, sweaty, tiring day- but I am so relieved that it's over and we are in! We spent our first night in our new home and it still hadn't hit me that we actually LIVE there. I can't believe that we live there! I love my new house. We are so blessed to have it as our home- it already has a good spirit to it and I know that we will have many happy memories there.

Sunday was Tenley's (our niece) blessing day. She looked so adorable in her little blessing dress. And she was such a good sport! She didn't cry, fart, or have a blow out at all during the blessing. My sister in law was REAL nervous about that. After the blessing we went to Grandma and Grandpa Olsen's house and had a good meal with lots of family. I just love family time.

Another blessing that entered our lives this weekend is named Zorro. Zorro is an almost three year old Toy Australian Shepherd that has joined our family and stolen my heart already. We picked him up last night and honestly, I am in love already! He is such a funny dog. He makes this old man groaning sound when you pet him cause he likes it so much. He is completely toilet trained. He loves to swim and play and chase his Frisbee. And the best thing yet, he never ever has to be put on a leash. He is so obedient that when we take him outside if he starts to wander too far we just call him back and he comes. This may not sound that amazing but he even came when there was a lady walking her dog past our yard. I have never had a dog that is as obedient as he is. I was a little concerned about his first night away from his previous owner but he actually did great. He whined once but I just called his name and he jumped into bed with me and snuggled down for the night. As some of you might know, Justin works graveyard so it's kind of nice to have a snuggle buddy again. I don't know why I feel so much safer when there is a dog in the house, but I really do. It hasn't even been 24 hours but already I am thankful for the companionship that Zorro brings to me.

I feel like the blessings have just rained down on us this weekend. I know God is looking out for our little family and I am so grateful for Him.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...