Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Job Funnies

Alright, I have two job funnies today for you. The first one didn't happen to me but I was told about it and the second one was me being me (not always a good thing ha).

Job Funny #1
Our maintenance man comes into the office just laughing his butt off today. When he could finally tell me what was so funny he said that he had just pulled a prank. The prank was on some little girls that were swimming in our pool while he was checking the chemical content.
Little Girls: "What are you doing?"
Maint Man: "Checking to see if anyone peed in the pool. I'll know if this turns red."
Well I don't know much about pools but I guess the thing turned red and the little girls eyes got HUGE! They were very concerned about this seeing as they thought they were swimming in pee.  Anyway, he told them he was just kidding and I guess the little girls's dad was cracking up about it as well so no harm no foul. I thought it was super funny though and got a huge kick out of it.

Job Funny #2
Our head housekeeper's office is a work in progress so she doesn't have a computer. Her and I have gotten pretty close these last few months (I honestly just love that girl!) and so she asks me to type some things up for her every now and then. Well today she asked me to type up an agenda outline for a meeting that they will be having this week. The tricky part was that we have some housekeepers that only speak Spanish. So my manager told me to copy every line from the original agenda, paste it into Google Translate, then paste it into a new Spanish version agenda. Doesn't sound too difficult right? Wrong, you are forgetting that it was ME that was assigned this job. In case there is any questions, this is what it went like:
--Click on original agenda
--Right click, paste
--Click on Google Translate
-- Right click, copy
--Right click on new translation, copy
--Click on Spanish Agenda
--Right click, paste.
Okay, so do you see how this may take some skill here? I kept hitting paste when I should have been hitting copy, copy when I should have pasted, and mixing up which thing I was going into. (I haven't gotten to the funny part yet). So needless to say, I was getting super frustrated with myself and what an idiot I can sometimes be. Well my friends, I am sorry to say that I hit the wrong button one too many times and the words "Damn it!" came pouring from my mouth... and it shocked me! ha ha have you ever had a word just slip out? Well this one certainly did. After saying this naughty word I pop my head up (the counter is pretty high when you are sitting down) and look around to see if any guests had heard that. Picture a gopher popping out of his hole with a stunned expression on its face and you have exactly what I looked like. When I realized that there were no guests around, my boss was gone, and I was in fact NOT going to get into trouble for swearing at work, is when I came to find this situation pretty funny. And it wasn't even my swearing that was amusing, it was my reaction to it. It takes a lot for me to surprise, or even shock myself, but today I did and it was funny.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...